Wednesday 14 September 2011

Question Time at Winstanley College


Mark Hage is pictured with college students and myself.
I recently attended a question time session with Winstanley Sixth Form College students.

I talked about my role as a MP as well as answering some very good questions on a range of issues important to young people like tuition fees and the recent riots.

Tom Owen (16) said, “Watching the debate on current topical issues was fascinating. I learnt about labour’s position on tuition fees and student debt.”

Amy Nash (16) said, “It really brought home to me the complexity of issues MP’s have to consider and how relevant politics is for young people such as myself.”

The event was part of the current affairs enrichment program at Winstanley College, headed by Law teacher and Current Affairs Coordinator Mark Hage who said, “This debate is typical of the high quality events students at Winstanley participate in as they were able to talk authoritatively on a wide range of current issues affecting them and society. This was democracy at its best”.

No comments:

Post a Comment