Monday 11 November 2013

My new role as a Milk Monitor at St Paul's Primary, Goose Green

I acted as milk monitor for the day at Saint Paul’s C of E Primary School in Goose Green on Friday (8th Nov) to celebrate free milk in schools.

Organised by the country’s leading school milk supplier Cool Milk, which also funds World School Milk Day in the UK, my visit was aimed at encouraging children to drink milk and teaching them about the nutritional benefits it provides.

As a child I enjoyed the benefits of school milk and I believe it is important that the children of today also enjoy the same privilege. It was great to see pupils at St Paul’s enjoying their milk and also the knowledge that they are receiving the nutritional benefits that milk provides.

My love of milk has stayed with me into adulthood and I still enjoy a glass of milk today or a hot cup of cocoa on a cold winter’s night!

In the UK, an estimated 1.5 million children under the age of five receive free milk every day, while pupils aged five to eleven receive subsidised milk.

Delivered fresh to the classroom, the milk is enjoyed as a group, promoting social development and independence. Milk is vital for building healthy bones and teeth and improves a child’s concentration, memory and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment