Monday 15 July 2013

Well done to Hindley J& I Primary School

Some of the children's artwork on display in
my constituency office
Send My Friend to School brings together thousands of children across the UK to speak up for the right to education, and remind world leaders of their promise that all children should get the chance to go to school.

In 2000, over 180 countries signed up to a set of commitments for a better world to tackle issues such as hunger and poverty. These Millennium Development Goals included a goal of education for all by 2015.

But time is running out. With only two years to go over 60 million children are still missing out on school. At the current rate of progress there will still be about 48 million children out of school in 2015.

Pupils at Hindley J&I Primary School have been learning about this important issue and they sent to me some very special artwork to tell me in their own words about the campaign.

They were not alone! Since the launch over 10,000 primary schools across the UK have taken part and by joining Send My Friend to School they are taking part in something even bigger - because right around the world people are also calling for education for all.

More than 18 million people in 100 countries have taken part in campaigning activities to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment