Friday 2 December 2011

Christmas Card Design Competition

Picture credit - John Rowbotham
Today I proudly announced the winner of my 2011 Christmas card competition today as Aleyna Adamson (aged 10), a pupil of St Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School, Ashton in Makerfield.

I presented Aleyna with a framed copy of her winning picture and a set of books by famous childrens’ author Jacqueline Wilson during the school’s morning assembly. 

The design competition attracted entries from across the constituency with all of the designs being carefully judged.

It was an absolute pleasure to present Aleyna with her prize. It’s a great design and she’s clearly hit the right note, so I’m sure people will enjoy receiving the card in the run up to Christmas.

I know everybody at St Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School will be very proud of Aleyna and I am too.

We had a fantastic response from local schools. The children clearly put a lot of effort into their art-work so it made my job of picking the winner extremely difficult. But I’d like to thank all of the children and their teachers for taking part.


Aleyna's winning design
 I also presented a prize to the runner up, Shanice Galloway (aged 10), a pupil attending St Paul’s CE Primary School, Goose Green. Shanice’s design features on the back of the card.

Aleyna’s winning design will be sent to a number of distinguished people in the political world, including both the Prime-Minister and the Leader of the Opposition, Ed Miliband. The card will also be sent to individuals across the public and private sector in the Wigan Borough including the Mayor of Wigan, Cllr Joy Birch.

No comments:

Post a Comment