Monday 5 September 2011

Christmas Card 2011 Competition

Today I have written to local primary school headteachers inviting them to submit pupils’ designs for my 2011 Christmas Greetings Card.

Following last year’s inaugural competition, I am calling on pupils to submit a traditional Christmas or New Year themed design that will grace the front of my 2011 card.

Last year over 250 entries were received from pupils across the constituency. The entry by Molly Fisher of RL Hughes Primary School, Ashton in Makerfield, was judged the winner and Molly’s winning card design was sent to a number of distinguished people in the worlds of politics, business, sport and charitable sectors, including both the Prime-Minister and the Leader of the Opposition, as well as many local people working in Wigan’s public services such as the NHS and Wigan Council.

In this year’s competition, I hope that my office receives a fantastic response from local schools. Judging by last year’s entries, the children clearly put a lot of effort into their art-work so it made my job of picking the winner extremely difficult. So, I hope that the standard is even higher this year.

Submissions from Makerfield’s primary school aged children are welcomed and should be forwarded no later than Friday, 28th October 2011 to:

Yvonne Fovargue MP
Elizabeth House
Pottery Rd
Wigan WN3 4EX

Designs should be submitted on plain paper no larger than A4 size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment